So I got my resume page up last night. I am eventually working toward it (and really, the whole site) being responsive and printable, as outline in “A Case for Responsive Resumes” on A List Apart. Of course, I argue that having a PDF version of your resume is really required, since most employers work on a system that requires you to attach the document to your application.
Still, I suppose only having to make a change to some HTML and then being able to print to PDF would be easier than going in to InDesign and making the same tweak. But honestly, of all the other things I have to do on this site, that is pretty low on the priority list.
I am planning on writing a post in the near future about the CSS rotation I used on that page. It was…more complicated than I had initially thought. The text was not rotating as I expected, so it took a while for me to really get a handle on how it was rotating, how to fix it, and then get everything lined up.
Of course, I already have a post half written about deploying theme changes from the command line, so I should probably finish that first before I move on to something else.